This pesto recipe is a delicious addition to pasta, pizza, vegetables, grain salad, sandwiches, soup, potatoes, meat, fish and eggs.
This pesto recipe is a delicious addition to pasta, pizza, vegetables, grain salad, sandwiches, soup, potatoes, meat, fish and eggsPrint Recipe
- 1 food processer or blender
- 1 Measuring cup
- 1 Spatula
- ¼ cup olive oil
- 2 cups firmly packed fresh basil or spinach leaves see Notes
- 3 cloves garlic
- ¼ cup chopped walnuts almonds, hazelnuts or pine nuts (see Notes)
- ½ cup grated parmesan cheese
- Wash hands with soap and water.
- Place all ingredients in a blender or food processor. Pulse until all is mixed. Use a spoon or rubber scraper to clean the edges of the container between pulses. If needed, add 1 or 2 Tablespoons water to make the thickness you want.
- Refrigerate leftovers within 2 hours. Use within 3 days or freeze for long-term storage
Herbs or leafy greens such as spinach, kale, arugula, parsley, mint, dill, sage, chives or cilantro can be used as substitutes for basil. Almonds, walnuts, cashews, pecans, sunflower seeds or peanuts can be used instead of pine nuts. https://www.foodhero.org/recipes/pesto