Transform watermelon from sweet to savory with this. Watermelon wedges are grilled until caramelized and topped with a creamy yogurt sauce flavored with honey, lime, and mint. Serve as a side dish or as an appetizer.
Grilled Watermelon with Honey Lime Mint Yogurt Sauce
- Grill Gas, charcoal, electric, or a grill pan
- 1 watermelon medium sized, cut into 1-inch thick wedges
- 1 cup plain yogurt Greek-style
- 2 tablespoon honey
- 1 lime zest zest of 1 lime
- 4 mint sprigs finely chopped
- 1 lime juice juice of 1 lime
- pinch salt & Pepper
- Wash hands for 20 seconds with soap and warm water.
- Preheat a clean grill. (See notes on grill types)
- Set aside.
- In a bowl, stir together plain Greek-style yogurt, honey, lime zest, and mint. Set aside.
- Place the watermelon wedges on the grill and cook until grill marks form.
- Flip and repeat on the other side.
- Sprinkle grilled watermelon with lime juice and a pinch of salt.
- Serve right away with the yogurt sauce.