There is a constant struggle with choosing the right foods for our bodies.
“Is this salad really healthy or am I just telling myself that?”
“My coffee doesn’t have THAT much sugar. Right?”
Lucky for us, ChooseMyPlate.Gov has an abundance of tips and tricks on healthy eating for all ages. Some general tips include varying our fruits and vegetables, focusing on whole grains, selecting lean meats and plant-based proteins, and choosing low-fat dairy options. If you want to learn more about choosing healthful foods for a balanced diet, click on the link below to receive a personalized MyPlate Plan.
Greek Yogurt Tuna Salad
- ¼ cup plain non-fat Greek yogurt
- 1 can tuna 5 ounces, packed in water
- 1 small apple diced
- 2 stalks celery diced
- 1 tablespoon spicy mustard
- ¼ cup onion chopped
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- Salt and Pepper to taste
- Lemon juice to sprinkle on top
- Wash hands and wash all produce before starting.
- In a small bowl, combine the yogurt, mustard, spices, salt, pepper and lemon juice. Mix thoroughly.
- Chop the apple and celery and add to the bowl.
- Drain the tuna and add it to the bowl. Stir all ingredients together.
- Serve by itself, stuffed into whole grain pitas or crackers.