You’ll be ready to hit the trail with this high energy snack!
“Hit the Trail” Trail Mix
You’ll be ready to hit the trail with this high energy snack!Print Recipe
- ½ Cup Unsalted Nuts Try peanuts, almonds, sunflower seeds, walnuts, pecans
- ½ Cup Dried Fruit Try dried apples, apricots, figs, prunes, cherries, or raisins
- 3 cups Unsweetened Cereal such as Cheerios, Wheat Chex, Cracklin’ Oat Bran, etc.
- 1 Cup Whole Wheat Mini Pretzels
- ½ Cup Semi-Sweet Chocolate Chips Optional
- Mix all ingredients in large bowl.
- Store in airtight container in cupboard for about 1 week or in freezer for several weeks.
- Measure ½-cup amounts into small, sealed plastic bags for a grab-and-go snack.
Recipe Tip: This snack is high in protein, iron, and fiber. However, it can also be high in calories so, pack ½ – cup portions.