Hey Grill Masters!
Test your summer BBQ Food Safety I.Q. Take the quiz here!
HEY GRILL MASTERS!
Don’t forget the MOST important BBQ tool – a FOOD THERMOMETER!
Download a FREE “Safe Minimum Internal Temperature Chart
The Main 4 Practices for Food Safety:
CLEAN, SEPARATE, COOK, and CHILL
Try this COOL summer recipe with built-in food safety. Perfect for a summer BBQ
- 1 medium cantaloupe (scrubbed with clean vegetable brush under running water, peeled, seeded and chopped)
- 1 small cucumber ( scrubbed with clean vegetable brush under running water, peeled and chopped)
- 2 tablespoons chopped red onion (gently rubbed under cold running water)
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/3 cup water
- 1/2 cup olive oil (Or other vegetable oil)
- Black pepper, for seasoning
- Mint (gently rubbed under cold running water and sliced, for topping) (Wash hands with soap and water)
- In a blender, puree cantaloupe, cucumber, onion, salt and water until smooth, about 1-2 minutes.
- With motor running, drizzle in olive oil and black pepper.
- Serve gazpacho chilled, topped with mint slices
*Recipe adapted from Chef Ryan Lowder for Bon Appetit Magazine. Food Safety hints added by the Partnership for Food Safety Education www.fightbac.org