October is Eat Better, Eat Together Month
Eating together is a great way to connect. And, Fall in Idaho offers beautiful weather to enjoy a meal outside. A little planning can make it easy. Prep food the day before and pack it in a basket, box or backpack. Keep it simple and don’t forget a heavy blanket and some extra fall layers if the weather gets cooler.
Plan Where You’re Going
- A PARK– Bring your picnic to a nearby park. After eating, go for a walk to spot colorful changing leaves.
- AT HOME– Have a picnic right outside your home. Pack up a meal and be sure to leave the cellphones in the house. After eating, enjoy a game.
Ideas for and Easy Fall Picnic on the Go
- Fresh fruit, washed and wrapped
- Cheese & whole grain crackers
- Fresh crunchy veggies, washed & wrapped
- Make up some sandwiches ahead and wrap them so you won’t need silverware- Try our Chicken Apple Salad on Whole Wheat Pitas
- Bring a thermos of hot cider to warm up
Just add conversation, laughter, and fun!
#EatBetterEatTogether #Eat Smart Idaho #FallPicnic