A healthy twist on a cozy comfort food fave!
Chili Cornbread Bake
This is a basic, hearty recipe. Add the spices you like such as, chili powder, cumin, garlic and onion.Print Recipe
- 1 15-ounce can black beans low or no sodium
- 1 15-ounce can kidney beans low or no sodium
- 1 15-ounce can corn low or no sodium
- 2 14-ounce cans tomatoes low or no sodium
- 1 8-ounce box cornbread mix
- *Optional: Spices such as chili powder, cumin, garlic powder, or onion powder
- *Optional: Fat free plain yogurt
- Wash hands before preparing food.
- Heat oven to 400°F.
- Mix cornbread batter according to package and set aside.
- In an oven-safe skillet, add the beans, corn, and tomatoes, and bring to a simmer. Simmer on low heat for 15 minutes then, remove from heat.
- Spread the cornbread batter over the top of the chili mixture.
- Bake for 15 to 20 minutes until cornbread topping is golden brown.
- Allow to cool for 5 minutes before serving.
If desired, top with a dollop of fat free plain yogurt. *Nutrition may vary based on cornbread mix used