Sausage and Vegetable Foil Packets
- 4 low-fat turkey or chicken Italian sausages
- 1 pound green beans
- 8 mini sweet peppers
- 1 red onion
- 1 yellow squash
- 2 tbsp. olive oil
- 10 garlic cloves
- black pepper to taste
- 1 lemon
- Preheat your grill to medium-high heat. If baking, preheat oven to 425°. Wash all vegetables and lemon. Trim beans, roughly chop peppers and onion, and slice zucchini and lemon into rounds.
- Combine all ingredients in a large bowl, except the lemon. Drizzle with oil and season with pepper. Toss to combine and evenly coat.
- Lay out four 15-inch pieces of foil and divide the mixture equally, placing ingredients in the middle of each piece of foil. Put 1-2 lemon slices on top. Seal packet completely. Use another layer of foil, if needed.
- If grilling, place the packets directly on the grill and cook for about 20 minutes, flipping half way through. If baking, place on a large baking sheet and cook for about 20 minutes. Check after 12 minutes to ensure vegetables don’t overcook. Sausages should be at an internal temperature of 165° when done. Unwrap and enjoy!
Note: Add crushed red pepper flakes for a spicy kick.
Calories: 537kcal | Carbohydrates: 19g | Protein: 20g | Fat: 43g | Saturated Fat: 14g | Cholesterol: 85mg | Sodium: 831mg | Potassium: 847mg | Fiber: 5g | Sugar: 9g | Vitamin A: 2635IU | Vitamin C: 103mg | Calcium: 94mg | Iron: 3mg