Sausage and Vegetable Foil Packets
These sausage and vegetable foil packets are perfect for a warm summer day. No oven required and minimal clean up!Print Recipe
- 4 low-fat turkey or chicken Italian sausages
- 1 pound green beans
- 8 mini sweet peppers
- 1 red onion
- 1 yellow squash
- 2 tbsp. olive oil
- 10 garlic cloves
- black pepper to taste
- 1 lemon
- Preheat your grill to medium-high heat. If baking, preheat oven to 425°. Wash all vegetables and lemon. Trim beans, roughly chop peppers and onion, and slice zucchini and lemon into rounds.
- Combine all ingredients in a large bowl, except the lemon. Drizzle with oil and season with pepper. Toss to combine and evenly coat.
- Lay out four 15-inch pieces of foil and divide the mixture equally, placing ingredients in the middle of each piece of foil. Put 1-2 lemon slices on top. Seal packet completely. Use another layer of foil, if needed.
- If grilling, place the packets directly on the grill and cook for about 20 minutes, flipping halfway through. If baking, place on a large baking sheet and cook for about 20 minutes. Check after 12 minutes to ensure vegetables don’t overcook.
- Sausages should be at an internal temperature of 165° when done. Unwrap and enjoy!