When it’s hot outside, this cool salad is so refreshing.
Zesty Watermelon & Jicama Salad
Easy and flavorful, this salad just might become your go-to BBQ side dish!Print Recipe
- 4 cups watermelon rind removed, seeded and cubed into 1-inch pieces
- 1/4 cup crumbled cotija cheese or another crumbly cheese such as feta
- 1 cup chopped peeled jicama
- 1/4 cup chopped red onion
- 1 lime
- 1/4 teaspoon chili powder or more, to taste
- 1/4 cup fresh cilantro chopped (or another fresh, leafy herb such as basil or thyme)
- ¼ teaspoon salt optional
- Wash hands with soap and water.
- Wash watermelon well before cutting.
- Put watermelon in a serving bowl.
- Squeeze lime juice over watermelon cubes.
- Sprinkle with chili powder and salt, if desired.
- Stir together gently and serve right away.
If bringing this dish away from home, keep watermelon separate from other ingredients then, toss together before serving.