Kids need to drink more water. Adding fruit and lemon zest might help kids drink more. Eat Smart Idaho’s ‘Rainbow Water Quencher’ has been a favorite at USDA Summer Feeding sites. Make your own at home.
Rainbow Water Quencher
- 12 ounces ice cold water
- 1 pinch lemon zest
- 1 tablespoon strawberries Fresh or frozen
- 1 tablespoon pineapple pieces Fresh or frozen
- 1 tablespoon raspberries Fresh or frozen
- 1 tablespoon blueberries Fresh or frozen
- Wash hands before working with foods or beverages.
- Use a zester or grater to get the zest from the lemon then add it to a clean glass.
- Add the fruit to the glass and stir together. We used strawberries, pineapple chunks, raspberries, and blueberries but you can use any fruit or vegetable you have on hand.
- Add ice cold water and stir well until combined.