Holidays are a great opportunity to spend time doing family activities! There are plenty of low-cost activities to do, especially during the holidays. Planning ahead will help you find enjoyable activities for the entire family that won’t break the bank. Searching the internet, local newspapers, and school events are a great way to find information on what kinds of activities may be going on near you. The local colleges are also a great source because they typically offer low-cost activities for families during the holiday season.
Family activities don’t always have to be a big outing. They can be done at home as well. Listed below are some fun activities that can be done at home and your family will be sure to love!
- Hold a family game night with fun games and food.
- Hold a family baking night and make everyone’s favorite treats.
- Have a gingerbread house decorating contest.
- Read Christmas stories.
- Watch a Christmas move.
- Use cardboard boxes to build a fort.
- Play Charades or act out a story.
- Have a snowball fight with waded paper from your recycle bin.
- Make finger puppet and put on a play.
Spending time with family is the ultimate goal, so any activity you choose to do will be great as long as you’re together!