A budget-friendly, easy-to-make, and satisfying meal that uses pantry staples.
Noodles with Veggies in Peanut Sauce
A budget-friendly, easy-to-make, and satisfying meal.Print Recipe
- 8 ounces whole wheat spaghetti or other type of pasta
- 1/4 cup peanut butter Try other nut butters instead of peanut butter
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce low sodium
- 2 tablespoons rice vinegar or white vinegar
- 1 tablespoon honey or brown sugar
- 1 clove garlic minced or 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon grated fresh ginger or ¼ teaspoon ground ginger
- 2-3 tablespoons water as needed
- 3 cups frozen stirfry vegetables
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil for stir-frying the vegetables
- Cook the pasta according to the package instructions. Drain the cooked pasta and set aside.
- In a large pot, whisk together the peanut butter, soy sauce, rice vinegar, honey (or brown sugar), garlic, and ginger. If the sauce is too thick, add 2-3 tablespoons of water. Bring to a simmer.
- Heat the stir-fry vegetables in a microwave for 2-4 minutes and set aside.
- Add vegetables and pasta to the peanut sauce and toss to coat the noodles and vegetables evenly. Serve hot.
- Garnish with crushed red pepper flakes or your favorite hot sauce.