With in-season, ripe Idaho watermelons, this icy treat need no other ingredient except watermelon!
A healthy, icy treat for a hot day.Print Recipe
- 5 cups Watermelon Seedless
- Wash hands with soap and water
- Put watermelon in a blender. Blend until smooth. (Alternatively, use a potato masher.)
- Strain into an 8″x 8″ glass baking dish and place in freezer. (Don’t use a nonstick dish as you may ruin the non-stick finish when you scrape the granita.)
- Every 30 minutes or so, for about 3 to 4 hours, scrape the mixture with a fork, making sure to get the solid bits around the edges.
- The granita is ready when it is frozen, but still grainy.
Adapted from a recipe by Shelby Kinkaid at the Diabetic Foodie. Photo courtesy of Ms. Kinkaid.
Sodium: 2mg | Calcium: 11mg | Vitamin C: 12mg | Vitamin A: 865IU | Sugar: 9g | Fiber: 1g | Potassium: 170mg | Calories: 46kcal | Saturated Fat: 1g | Fat: 1g | Protein: 1g | Carbohydrates: 11g | Iron: 1mg